Jackpot Compare’s privacy notice.
Jackpot Compare values website visitor privacy and is highly committed to protecting personal data. Our privacy notice outlines how we use personal data. It will inform you about visitor privacy rights and data protection law.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE PURPOSE
The purpose of this privacy notice is to provide information on how this website (JackpotCompare.com) collects and uses personal data. This includes any data visitors provide while using this website – while signing up to our newsletter, using our service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 and therefore we do not knowingly collect any data relating to minors. This privacy notice supplements any other privacy notices we provide.
CHANGES TO PERSONAL DATA
It is important that the personal data that we hold is correct and up to date. If your personal data changes during your involvement with us, please inform us here.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This website includes links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Following these links and allowing connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We DO NOT control third-party websites and as a result, are not responsible for their privacy statements. We advise and encourage visitors to read the relevant privacy notice of each third-party site.
2. DATA WE COLLECT
Personal information or data means any information concerning an individual which identifies that person. Anonymous data is not included (where personal data has been removed).
We may collect, store, use and/or transfer different classes of personal data about you which we have arranged as follows:
• Contact Data – this includes your home address, email address, telephone number(s).
• Transaction Data – this includes payment details to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Identity Data – including first name, last name, details on parental status or guardianship, title, date of birth and gender.
• Profile Data – includes data of purchases or orders made by you, your personal interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Marketing and Communications Data – includes your marketing communication preferences for our use and for the use by our third parties.
• Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
We may also collect, handle and share Aggregated Data such as demographic or statistical information. Aggregated Data may be obtained from your personal data however this is not considered “personal data” in law. This is because this data does not directly or indirectly disclose your identity. An example of this is as follows … we may aggregate your Usage Data to determine the number of visitors who access a specific webpage.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you. This includes details about your ethnicity or race, philosophical or religious beliefs, sexual orientation, sex life, political beliefs, trade union membership, personal health information and biometric and genetic data. Neither do we collect any information about criminal offences and convictions.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We utilise several ways to collect data from you and about you.
• Direct communications. You may provide us with your data by completing an online form or by communicating with us by phone, post, email or by any other method of communication.
This includes the personal data you give when you:
• subscribe to our newsletter or other publications.
• use our services or products.
• create an account on our website.
• request marketing information.
• enter a promotion, competition or survey.
• provide us with feedback.
• Computerized technologies. As you use our website, we may automatically collect specialised data about your technical equipment, browsing behaviours and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other technologies of a similar nature.
• Third parties. On occasions, we may receive personal data about you from third parties, such as analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data in accordance with the law.
Under normal circumstances we will use your personal data as follows:
• Where it is necessary and lawful to give you the best goods and services we can. We make certain we respect and consider any potential impact on you before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We will not use your personal data if our interests are overridden by the impact on you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or supervisory obligation.
We do not rely on consent for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PERSONAL DATA USAGE
Here are the main ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so:
• To manage our relationship with you – eg. asking you to leave a review or take a survey or notifying you about changes to our terms and conditions.
• To enable you to take part in a competition, prize draw, or to complete a survey.
• To manage and protect our this website and our business. This includes data analysis, troubleshooting, testing, support, system maintenance, reporting and hosting of data.
• To deliver relevant website advertisements and content and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we provide.
• To use data analytics to enhance our website, products/services, customer relationships, marketing and user experience.
• To make recommendations and suggestions to you about services or products that may be of interest to you.
• To comply with appropriate law in order to provide goods and services.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the purpose for which we are using your data.
We aim to present you with options regarding certain personal data uses. In particular regarding marketing and advertising. We have set the following personal data controls:
• Promotional Offers. We may use your Contact, Identity, Transaction, Usage and Profile Data to form an opinion on what we think you might like, want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we evaluate which services, products, and special offers may be suitable for you (marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services or goods from us or if you provided us with your details to receive newsletters and other marketing communications. That is if in each of the above cases you have not opted out of receiving that particular marketing.
• Third-Party Marketing. We will obtain your express opt-in permission before sharing your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes.
• Opting Out. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have appropriate security standards to prevent your personal data from being inadvertently lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to agents, employees, contractors and third parties who need to know for genuine business-related reasons. They will process your personal data only on our instructions and they are bound to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary in order to achieve the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine a suitable retention period for personal data, we analyse the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data. this is commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This permits you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to check and verify the accuracy of the new data provided to us.
Request deletion of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to erase or remove personal data where there is no valid reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to remove or delete your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing – see below. We may not always be able to comply with your request of deletion for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if relevant, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that you feel impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may prove that we have legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to request suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of those rights, please contact us after considering the following:
• No Fee Usually Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
• What we may Need from You. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
• Time Limit to Respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Jackpot Compare is intended for the sole use of individuals over 18 years of age. Copyright © 2019.
We support responsible gambling. If you require information about gambling addiction or need support please visit GambleAware®